Last modified: March 23, 2020
This Privacy Notice describes how Valet Living and its affiliates collect, use, share and protect our Clients’ personal information. Our Clients include property owners, managers and residents of the communities we serve and individuals who visit our websites and social media pages, download our mobile apps or otherwise interact with us.
Valet Living utilizes independent contractors (“Contractors”) to provide the Torch Fitness classes. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that Contractors obtain on behalf of Valet Living in connection with delivering the Valet Living services. However, we are not responsible for, and this Privacy Notice does not cover, any services that you obtain directly from any of our Contractors (“Other Services”), or any personal data that you provide to Contractors in connection with such Other Services. For example, if you participate in a Torch Fitness group class coordinated through your property manager and offered to all residents, this Privacy Notice governs the personal data you provide when you sign up for the class. However, if you contact the instructor directly for private instruction, this Privacy Notice will not apply to any personal data you share for such private instruction.
If you are applying for employment with Valet Living or one of our affiliates, please review our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you are applying for a Contractor position, please review our Contractor Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect personal information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- from third party sources, including our business partners; and
- automatically as you navigate through our website or other online platforms. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP address, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
We may combine the information you provide us with information that is collected through automated methods, and with information we receive from other sources.
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information that you provide when you use Valet Living services, visit our websites, mobile apps or other online forums, or otherwise communicate with us (including by phone, email and text). This information includes:
- Personal details, such as your name, address and phone number, when you create and account with us, sign up for services, purchase products from us or otherwise contact us.
- Account profile information, including username and password. This may also include your emergency contact(s), payment card information and other information you choose to include in your profile, such as information about your pet(s).
- The services and products you request from Valet Living and the information needed for us to provide the services. For example, if you request dog walking services, we will ask you for information about your dog. You will also be required to provide financial information before placing an order for services or purchasing products.
- Transaction information, including information about the services and products you request, method of payment and payment details.
- Records and copies of our correspondence with you, which may include your email address.
- Your feedback about Valet Living services and products and responses to surveys, such as those that we might ask you to complete for research or quality assurance purposes.
- Other personal information you provide when you interact with us.
- Your search queries on the Platform.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our website, mobile apps, community portals or social media pages (our “Platforms”), or transmitted to other users of the Platform or third parties (“User Contributions”). Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Platforms, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Platforms, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform, including dates and times.
- Information about your mobile device, computer and internet connection, including your IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, operating system, and browser type. We may also collect location data in connection with certain new or updated service offerings provided through our mobile apps with your consent.
- Information regarding the effectiveness of our email and other electronic communications with you. For example, we may know if you follow a link in an email we send to you, and we may keep a record of your online chat conversations with our representatives.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We may collect information relating to links you follow to or from pages on our Platforms, or, if you navigated from or navigate to another website, the address of that website.
In addition, we may collect information about your activities on our Platform through the use of first- and third-party cookies, clear GIFs or web beacons, local shared objects or Flash cookies, or through other identifiers or technologies, including similar technologies as they may evolve over time. Information collected through these technologies may be used on our Platforms or on other websites or services, including those that may not be operated by us.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from affiliates, property owners, managers, and other third parties, and we may learn information about you in the course of providing services to you. This information may include information about your use of the Platforms or our services, your use of other websites, your interests and preferences and other information about you or your household.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to operate our business, including:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, fulfill orders, and process payments for our products and services.
- To communicate with you about your account and the products and services you request.
- To provide customer service regarding our products and services, including handling returns, and responding to inquiries or disputes.
- To provide the Platforms and Platform content and features to you.
- To tell you about products, services, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you.
- To tell you about the products and services of our business partners.
- To improve and evolve our services. We evaluate and improve our Platforms and services, including developing new products or services, and we use the information we gather to do so.
- To deliver Platform content and personalize your experience across our Platforms. For example, we may use analytics and profiling technologies to store information about your preferences, customize our Platforms according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to the Platform.
- To provide support and assistance that you request or to diagnose or address technical problems in the operation of our Platforms or any of our services.
- To provide fraud detection and otherwise protect the security of our Platforms and systems.
- To contact you through telephone, text, email or chat, as permitted by law.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Platforms or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- For other lawful purposes.
We may use the information we collect about you in other ways, which we will tell you about at the time we collect it or for which we will seek your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We share personal information in order to support and operate our business, as follows:
- With our affiliated companies.
- With property owners, managers and their representatives in order to promote and deliver our products and services.
- With our Contractors and service providers who provide services to us, including delivering the on-site Valet Living services and fitness classes, fulfilling product orders, providing data and payment processing and managing promotions.
- With third parties involved in the sale or merger of our business or the transfer of assets.
- With our business partners to market our or their products or services to you, but you may have the right to opt out of such disclosures (see below, Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information).
We may also share your personal information as directed by you or with your consent, for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or as otherwise necessary to deliver the products or services you request.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our employees, Clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You may have choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. In particular:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Valet Living to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Of course, you may still receive informational emails and other communications from us regarding the products and services you have purchased (such as service reminders, payment and account-related communications and other administrative matters).
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising, and the opt-outs we offer above will not impact what information third parties may collect through cookies, tracking technologies, or other third-party content on our Platforms. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to restrict their use of your information. For example, you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) via the NAI’s opt-out. Please note that you may still receive advertising even after opting out, but that advertising may not be tailored to you or your interests. We use Google Analytics, which helps us better understand our audience and target communications and advertisements based on demographic or interest-based information. You may learn more about opting out of certain Google advertising initiatives here and here.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you are a registered user, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to or correction of any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect, or otherwise in our discretion as permitted by law.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Platform, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Platform users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
As of the Effective Date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third-party Platforms or online services.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Platform.