We set the standard in safety every day, but extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures to ensure your safety and confidence when using Valet Living’s amenity services in your communities. As a result, we have enhanced the robust health and safety procedures we already have in place to ensure that we can continue to provide you with our standard-setting amenity services during this pandemic. We are performing this higher level of service at no cost to you or your residents to keep communities happy and healthy during this challenging time.
Health and Safety are Priorities
The health and safety of our clients, your residents and our associates is our number one priority.
Led by our Senior Director, Environmental, Health and Safety, with over 40 years of experience in Occupational Health & Safety, Valet Living’s dedicated safety team works hand-in-hand with cross-functional leaders to make swift decisions that put the care of our associates and clients first. Our team is monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak daily through contacts at the national, state and local health departments. You can stay up to date here.
Valet Living has also activated its business continuity team to mitigate impact to your communities. In the past, we have enabled this team to effectively manage through California wildfires, snowstorms, hurricanes and more.
We want you to feel safe and confident when using Valet Living Home amenity services. At no additional cost, we have enhanced the robust cleaning and safety procedures we use daily to ensure that we continue to provide you with standard-setting amenity services while also keeping you happy and healthy. The following heightened practices have been enacted for each or our amenities.
- All work areas are wiped down on a routine basis
- We have provided sanitizer for all Valet Living work areas
- Associates are required to wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after every resident visit
- Instructors follow local mask mandates
- Residents are encouraged to bring their own yoga mat and towel
- Partner exercises have been eliminated
- Equipment use is very limited. Instructors encourage residents to wipe down any equipment touched with wipes provided by community
- Along with their Personal Protection Equipment, Service Valets now wear an extra set of disposable gloves either under or over their puncture-resistant gloves
- We have deployed “Tie-Your-Bag” communications to remind residents of the importance of tying their waste and recycling bags
- We recommend that residents disinfect the lids and rims of their waste and recycling containers each time they bring them inside
- All associates are required to wash their uniforms daily and wear clean uniforms at work
- We are reminding our associates regularly about washing their hands often for the CDC-recommended 20 seconds
- We require associates to participate in a “three-step health check” with their managers each day before beginning their shifts to monitor any symptoms or potential exposures
- Any associate who is feeling unwell is asked to remain home
- We provide color-coded cleaning towels for each room in your apartment, and each home is cleaned with separate clean towels
- Our Home Valets are required to wear clean gloves in each home, and gloves are properly discarded after cleaning every home
- To decrease the spread of bacteria, all floors are vacuumed instead of being swept
- We require our Home Valets to wipe down all supplies at the end of each home clean
- We use EPA registered disinfectant spray for all surfaces that kill 99.9% of all bacteria and viruses
- We require our Pet Valets to wear gloves during each pet visit
- Pet Valets are trained to wash their hands before and after each pet visit
- We provide hand sanitizer to be used before and after each pet visit as needed
Stay Up to Date on COVID-19
Bookmark this page to stay updated on the latest information on COVID-19, your amenity services and what Valet Living is doing to keep communities healthy.
“During this time of uncertainty, especially in the multifamily industry, where we’ve been seeing a majority of our residents staying at home, public amenities shutting down, and balancing the safety needs of our residents and staff, we have seen a vast increase in the amount of trash from our residents. Valet Living has been an exceptional partner and remained constant for our residents and our staff. The doorstep trash and recycling collection has not missed a beat, and we believe that this is an amenity service that helps them feel safer not having to leave their homes, reducing the spread of cross-contamination, all while helping to flatten the curve and do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19.”Joanna Z.President & CEO of BH Management Services